A 3-year postdoctoral position (1+2) to study lupus nephritis pathophysiology is available in the Basophil, Mast cell and Immunopathology (BMI) team of the Centre for Research on Inflammation (CRI, INSERM U1149 CNRS ERL8252 University of Paris, Laboratoire d’Excellence INFLAMEX) in close collaboration with the Glomerulonephritis and Immunoreceptors team (GLOMI) and the Nephrology department of the Bichat Hospital, University of Paris, in Paris, France. The expected starting date is April, 1st 2019.
More about the position
The project will aim at defining molecular pathways activating immune cells during the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus and associated flares of the renal disease. The teams involved in this collaborative project have a long and productive history in deciphering various immune activation pathways in renal and non-renal autoimmune disorders (Charles et al., Immunity 2009, Nat Med 2010 and 2012; Dema et al., J Exp Med 2014; Ben Mkaddem et al., J Clin Invest 2014, Nat Commun 2017; Jourde-Chiche et al., Rheumatol 2017, Pellefigues et al., Nat Commun 2018). The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Dr Nicolas Charles (BMI, CRI), Dr Sanae Ben Mkaddem (GLOMI, CRI) and Pr Eric Daugas (BMI, CRI and Nephrology Dpt, Bichat Hospital, AP-HP). The project is based on a translational approach and will require the analysis of Human patient samples and the use of animal models.
Qualification requirements and skills
The candidate holds a PhD in immunology or related subjects, with a strong background in immunology and immune-related disorders.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- Experience with flow cytometry and FACS data analysis
- Experience with dissection and tissue processing in mouse models
- Experience with cell sorting from biological samples
- Experience with qPCR, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence on tissues
- High level report writing and presentational skills
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and other qualifying activity)
- A complete list of publications with brief statements of candidate contributions
- List of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
à LIRE AUSSI...
- Seminaire « Mecredi Bichat Beaujon » 15 Juin 2016, 13h, Salle des thèses, faculté de médecine Bichat : Polymer Nanomedicines for Controlled Drug Delivery by Tomáš Etrych (Académie des Sciences , Prague République Tchèque)
- Tomas Etrych est le directeur du département de "Biomedicinal polymers" de l'Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry...